About Me

London W1, West End Marylebone Westminster, United Kingdom
Andrew Veitch solicitor ( LL.B., M.A., PgDip )is a partner in Guy Clapham and Co solicitors. He deals with the following areas of law: commercial and residential property, conveyancing, litigation (including neighbour disputes), divorce, family, debt collection, landlord and tenant, wills, trust, probate, personal injury and employment. Andrew's clients range from large companies and property developers to local businesses and individuals throughout London and the whole of England and Wales. The office is in the West End of London just off Marylebone High Street and north of Oxford Street and is located within walking distance of the following tube stations: Marylebone , Marble Arch , Baker Street , Bond Street , Oxford Circus , Great Portland Street , Regents Park , Euston and Kings Cross. Please contact me at: Guy Clapham & Co solicitors 51 - 55 Weymouth Street Marylebone London W1G 8NH DX: 83300 WEST END 2 Tel: 020 7935 1095 Fax: 020 7935 9127 E-Mail: andrew@guyclapham.com Website: www.guyclapham.com

Wednesday 10 June 2009


Andrew Veitch (a solicitor in the West End of London W1) is willing to discuss (on an initial assessment basis) the options available to you to recover a debt from an individual, partnership or company.


If you are owed a debt by an individual, partnership or company you may issue a claim at court to try and recover the debt. If your claim is successful and you obtain a court order indicating the debt is payable to you there are then several ways to try and enforce payment of the debt if the defendant then fails to pay the judgment debt owed to you, which are explained in brief below:-

1. A warrant of execution. You can apply for a court order against the debtor's goods which can then be seized.

2. A charging order - You can apply to the court in order to register a charge against any property owned by a debtor and thereafter apply for the court to order that the property is sold and the debt discharged from the net proceeds of sale

3. An attachment of earnings order. You can apply to the court for an order that the debtor's employer makes deductions from his earnings/pay to discharge the debt owed to you.

4. A Third Party Debt Order  (garnishee order). This is where where a third party is ordered to pay to the creditor a debt he owes to the debtor.

5. If you are owed more than £750 you can issue a bankruptcy petition against an individual or partnership. If it is a company that owes you more than £750 you can issue what is called a winding up petition against a company. Indeed if the debt is undisputed you can immediately proceed to taking steps to issuing a bankruptcy petition or winding up petition without the need to obtain a court order (although in the case of a bankruptcy petition you need to personally serve a statutory demand on the debtor before issuing a bankruptcy petition.)

If you wish to obtain advice on issuing a claim to recover a debt owed to you or to try and enforce payment of a debt please do not hesitate to contact Andrew Veitch for more advice:

Andrew Veitch solicitor - LL.B., M.A.,
C/O Guy Clapham & Co Solicitors
51 -55 Weymouth Street
London W1G 8NH

Tel: 0207 935 1095

E-mail: andrew@guyclapham.com

This blog provides basic general legal information to help people understand their legal rights, but is not a substitute for personal legal advice from a solicitor. By the very nature of a blog the information published in blog posts on this site may be out of date.

Therefore this blog is subject to our following disclaimer and conditions of use:

Where no personal consultation has taken place with Andrew Veitch or the partners or employees of Guy Clapham & Co under no circumstances will Andrew Veitch or the partners of Guy Clapham & Co be responsible for (1) any information contained in, omitted or received from this site, (2) any persons reliance on any such information, whether or not the information is correct, current or complete, (3) the consequences of any action you or any other person takes or fails to take, whether or not based on information provided (4)

No comments:

Post a Comment